Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bourdain be not proud

Luckily, the opportunity to sample the local dish of wild game meat-- tatoo -- passed me by.

The smell in the kitchen was divine -- all garlic and seasoning peppers and thyme. But the idea of putting a bite of this ugly little creature in my mouth was beyond my ability.

However, you should know I was prepared to. I wanted to experience all the food and life different than my own. But we took a bus into town instead and I was gone for most of the preparation and the consuming. Praise the Lord and pass the peanut butter. Whew.

I do still have a bit longer here though. If it comes my way, I shall meditate on the fearless foodie, Anthony Bourdain, and put my superhero cape on and have a bite. Maybe even two.

1 comment:

  1. garlic and seasonings are great...otherwise, I would never have had those snails all those many years ago in France...

    ReplyDelete